We are happy to announce update 1.7.29. We listened to you, the players, and continued to improve the boards. This time the white board was improved. We are also aware that plenty of players prefer the default wooden board. This is why we added a separate option that allows you to always play on the default board. We also added a “bet locking” option, so you can be sure that you will always match opponents only at the selected bet. Full list of changes can be seen below. Enjoy the game!
Change list 1.7.29:
– Added “bet lock” option
– Added “Board numeration”
– Added “Wooden board by default” option
– Fixed bug upon backgammon win calculation
– Fixed bug upon bearing checkers off the board
– Updated the white board
We are pleased to announce a landmark update 1.7.26, which is about to change the game forever!
We have implemented an automatic opponent matchmaking system so you won’t have to choose with whom to play, but will be automatically given a random opponent.
You can still choose to play with a specific player, but only in friend games. In the nearest future we will add a levelling system. Follow our news and updates!
We removed boards from the shop, since now they are available to all the players and each bet has a corresponding board. The chosen bet is being reduced every 20 seconds to speed up matching with an opponent. You can vote on your favorite boards here.
We have also updated the chat to be full screen and include more text. From now on in chat each player is displayed with their avatar next to the message. We have also combined emotions and quick phrases in a single section as an additional tab in chat.
Previously quick phrases were not convenient to use, you had to open chat to read the message. Now quick phrases are displayed immediately next to the players avatar. We hope you will appreciate this update.
These are the major changes, full change list can be seen below. We are happy to work on this project and hope to release more exciting updates in the future.
Enjoy the game!
Change list 1.7.26:
– Implemented automatic opponent matchmaking
– Each bet now has an appropriate board
– Tournaments are now held on a different board
– Rematch in gold games against a single player is available only one time. Meaning
– Two players can play a gold game against each other only two consecutive times
– Level system has been abolished and starting Elo is now equal to 1500. Elo has been recalculated for each player
– Added option to invite a player to friends after a game
– Added sounds for emotes
– Chat has become full screen to make it easier to communicate
– Quick phrases and emotes are now on a single screen
– Disabled game chat between opponents in gold games and tournaments. Communicating with opponent is possible via quick phrases and emotes. If you want to have a chat with your opponent add them to friends, since chat is available in friend games
– Emotions and quick phrases now appear next to player’s avatar
– Removed boards from the shop. All boards are available to all players depending on the bet
– Added some new emoji
– Minor graphical changes
– Minor changes
New year brings new options to the game! Share fantastic emotes with your opponent! You can find emote button at the bottom left of the screen and choose the appropriate reaction. The emote button appears when tapping any place on the board. If you find emotes distracting you can turn them off in the option settings when sliding the game board to the left. We also added Holiday themed stickers to the tournament boards with plans to introduce collectable stickers in the future so players can personalise their game.
Change list for 1.7.19:
– Added Holiday theme!
– Added 6 amazing emotes! Share your feelings during the game with the opponent!
– Added wonderful stickers to boards during tournament games to reflect the Holiday spirit!
– Changed in-game system of storing graphical components
– Various small fixes
Dear players, to celebrate end of summer we offer a new way to play with friends. First of all, we have reworked the friend system. We removed the limit of friends a player can have. Now you can also view any ongoing games your friends are having. Friend list interface has also been improved. This is nothing magnificent in itself, but the feature had to be implemented as part of a greater plan.
From now on players won’t be able to play no-money games with unknown players, only with friends. In future updates we also plan on removing option to choose opponent in gold games instead having an auto-matching feature to find a suitable opponent. This way it will become much easier to start the game.
We also plan on adding something interesting for the projects anniversary.
Full change list:
– Updated interface
– Removed friend limits
– No-money games are available only between friends
– Ability to view ongoing friend games
– Friends can now be added via chat. It is also possible to send an invitation link to a friend and receive coins as a reward
– Bug fixes
Update 1.7.12 includes new dice animation and also fixes in boards. We have completed the intended plans in regards to dice change. We also improved stability of the server. There will be lots of new and interesting features in the future. Stay with us!
Change list for 1.7.12:
– Changed dice roll animation
– Changed system when waiting for tour to start. Now player awaits for opponent in the board screen
– Tourney prize winners get reward instantly
– Fixed bugs with boards
Today we released a minor update 1.7.11. In this update we added new medals for each tournament type. From now on player’s profile will display medals for win in each tournament type. We also fixed bug in shop which lead to gold not being credited in certain cases. Expect to see lots of new and interesting features in the nearest future!
– Added new tournament medals
– Added medal display in player’s profile
– Removed “City” field on profile
– Fixed bugs in the shop
– Fixed minor bugs
Today we released a minor update which mostly affects tournaments. From now on each match on a regular tournament will have a limit until two points, which gives players another chance to win in case of a loss. Time per move was also changed. More details below.
List of changes:
– Quick “Sit&Go” tournaments are no longer displayed at the lower part of the tournament menu, only regular tournaments.
– 64 player limitation has been removed from regular tournaments. Now any amount of maximum players can register for a tournament, however the minimum amount is limited to 32 participants. If there are only less than 32 people registered for the tournament, it will be cancelled.
– Each match in regular tournaments now lasts until 2 points. This means that each player has a way to regain lead by winning with 2:1 and progressing to the next tour. Bet cube in tournaments is now available and the winning mode (backgammon, gammon) affects points at the end of the game.
– Changed time per move for quick “Sit&Go” tournaments and regular tournaments. Just like stated in international rules there are only 12 seconds per move right now and additional time (red timer) which is allocated for the whole match (all rounds in a game between two players). For quick “Sit&Go” tournaments this time is 2 minutes, for regular tournaments – 4 minutes, since in regular tourneys game lasts until two points. This way tournament games will become faster. Allocate your time wisely so you have enough additional time for the entire match.
– “Time” field has been added to the readiness window. First value indicates green timer (time per move which refills), second value indicates the red timer (additional time for the whole match that doesn’t refill).
– Fixed a bug in player readiness window with “Ready” button not always working
– Tour number, point limit and current score is now displayed on the left side of the board
– Removed holiday theme
– Fixed bug in game logic
– Fixed minor bugs
– Fixed launch bug on OS X versions under 10.10
Update 1.7.8 is finally available! We have finished long and complicated work on improving the game boards. All 6 boards have been reworked, textures and detail have been improved. We added slots to left side of the boards where a player can place their checkers in narde. Stone board was removed from the game and instead of it we implemented a new wooden board.
From now on green dots next to checker slots will indicate possible moves. To disable them you have to untick “tips” in game settings. We believe many will appreciate this new feature especially beginner players. We also improved the highlight of possible moves.
Another feature now allows to move the game board to each side. Moving the board to the left reveals a panel with player information, current bet and the timer. Moving the board to the right reveals game options which affect gameplay. This allows displaying the board in full screen.
In final we have added a Holiday theme to add some festive mood to our tavern.
Change list for 1.7.8:
– Added Christmas theme
– All boards and checkers have been graphically improved. Try out your favourite board and marvel at the new graphics!
– Improved detail of boards for high resolution screens
– Added green spot indicators to show which checkers can be moved. This will prove convenient for many players and allow making faster moves.
– From now on game options are located at the right side of the board. Drag the board to the left or click the popup button on the right side to view them.
– Player, bet and time information is located at the left side of the board.
– Basic animation speed is now slightly faster and the game speed can no longer be modified in option
– Updated the game settings window
– Added new emojis
– Changed game logic upon bearing off checkers
– Fixed game logic bugs and also bugs which lead to app crashing
We are happy to announce the new update for Backgammon Masters. Additionally to fixing various bugs we also added a feature that allows viewing game replays. Now you can repeatedly watch replays of your games to analyse and improve. You can also spectate and watch replays of tournament games. In future versions of the app we plan on adding a feature to share these replays with other players in chat. To better illustrate important changes we added a notification window upon app launch. Hopefully this will clear up questions regarding new features.
In the “Last match” window which is accessible from the main menu or after clicking the “Statistics” button at the end of each game we added a seed number for the generated dice. What does it mean? Read details on dice generation here. Using this Seed you can check the sequence of your dice rolls on our website. They have to match! As a reminder – we are using Mersenne Twister random number generator for our app.
There is another positive change – we have updated the game icon. We hope you will like it.
– Added option to view finished games with ability to adjust time and speed of the replay
– Added replay option to “Game history” section
– The tournament section now has option to view finished games
– Last match window now displays Seed for the generated dice
– New logo for the app
– iOS 11 support for iPhone 8, iPhone 8+, iPhone X
– Added screen flipping depending on the app orientation for Android
– Fixed critical bugs